We are thrilled to have our new cohort for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program here on campus. Welcome!
We have 21 teacher-scholars from 17 countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia who are at UW-Madison from September 13 – October 30, 2023. The program focus is on media literacy and includes a variety of lectures related to education, as well as field experience in local high schools. Outside the classroom, this group will explore all that the Madison area — and beyond — has to offer!
The presence of the Fulbright participants enriches the UW-Madison campus learning community, and we are incredibly honored to have such a talented and passionate group of scholars here. Thank you, Fulbrighters!
News and Events
The Global Engagement Office hosts and co-hosts events throughout the year. These events include informational sessions and cultural celebrations. We welcome student event suggestions and involvement.
- September 6, 2023, 4:30-7:00pm| Global Engagement Office Welcome Reception | With the Career Center team, we’ll be welcoming all new and returning international students to the School of Education |North Plaza, Education Building | RSVP here
- September 29, 3:00-4:30pm | Mid-Autumn Festival | Room 181, Education Building | RSVP here.
- Wednesdays in October | Worldly Wednesdays | Join any or all of these four sessions to learn about UW-Madison’s study abroad programs and to talk with program leaders of the School of Education’s faculty-led global programs.
- Wednesday, October 4, 12:00-1:00pm | Study Abroad 101 | L138, Education Building | RSVP for a boxed lunch
- Wednesday, October 11, 3:30-4:30pm | Education Building. Talk with program leaders for SoE Study Abroad Programs: UW Inclusive Physical Activity & Sports in Ireland (room 245) and UW Movement as Medicine in Portugal (room 291).
- Wednesday, October 18, 3:30-4:30pm | Education Building. Talk with program leaders for SoE Study Abroad Programs: UW Dancing Cultures in Greece (room 245) and UW Team Building in Costa Rica (room 291).
- Wednesday, October 18, 5:30-6:30pm | Mitchell Theater, Vilas Hall | Talk with program leaders for SoE Study Abroad Program UW Theater in London.
- Wednesday, October 25, 3:30-4:30pm | Education Building. Talk with program leaders for SoE Study Abroad Programs: UW Education, Diversity and Community in the Galapagos Islands (room 245), UW Disability Rights and Access in Australia (room 291), UW Youth, Language and Experiential Education in the Dominican Republic (room 299) and UW Exploring Cuba Through Art (room 198).
- November 10, 4:30 – 7:00pm | Diwali Celebration | Morgridge Commons, Education Building | This event is for School of Education students. | RSVP for dinner.
- December 2023
- December 11
- December 27
- January 2024
- January 19Institute for Clinical & Translational Research DayAccelerate Your Impact8:30 AM, Health Sciences Learning Center
- January 25
- January 26
- February 2024
- February 10
The Global Engagement Office hosts programming specifically for students in the School of Education. We also encourage you to engage in international programming campus-wide. You can find opportunities to do this through the many programs and events offered by the Global Engagement Team of International Student Services. Get involved!